COME JOIN US AT ZINN PARK ON APRIL 23, 2011 .REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 8:30 AM
*FAMILY FUN ACTIVITIES*
INFORMATION FOR WALKERS:
-Cut-off for pre-registration ($25) is Tuesday April 19th. Registration on the day of the walk is $30.
--Online registration and donation pages now available at http://www.firstgiving.com/autismalabama/Event/walkforautism2011
HOW TO REGISTER ONLINE AT FIRST GIVING:
Here's what you need to do in order to be registered to participate
in an event. You can also join a team during this process, and at the
end of registering, you'll be prompted to create your own fundraising
- Go to the event page listed above.
- On the event page, take note of any useful information like the
event contact person (the person to whom you should address any
event-specific inquiries), then click the orange Raise Money button.
- When asked whether you would like to register, select Yes, register online now and click Continue.
- Next, you'll be asked how many people you are registering. Enter
the number of people you are registering today in the box labeled Qty
- bear in mind that our system will hold you to that number, so you'll
need to register that number of people in order to complete the
process. Then, read and agree to the waiver, and click Continue.
- Enter your email address in the box, and if you have a FirstGiving
account, enter your password in the box below. If you don't have an
account, just leave I'm new to this site checked. Click Continue.
- If you're new, you'll create your FirstGiving account on this page
by entering some basic information and setting up a password.
Otherwise, you'll just be asked if you are registering yourself or other
people. Fill out the appropriate boxes and click Continue.
- The next page contains the registration questions that the nonprofit needs answered. Fill out these boxes and click Continue.
- If your event uses teams, you'll get the option to join or create a team here. If you don't want to be in a team, click No thanks, skip this step in the upper right of the page. Don't worry - you can join a team later on, from your account area, if you change your mind.
- If your event has a registration fee, you'll be asked for your credit card details here. Fill in this information and click Continue.
- Then, you'll see a confirmation of your registration, as well as
your registration code. Seeing this code means that you've successfully
completed registration! It will also be emailed to you automatically
at this time. You'll only need the code if you choose to leave the site
now, and return later to create your fundraising page. If, instead,
you choose to create your page straight away, you'll never be asked for
HOW TO CREATE A FUNDRAISING PAGE:
If you don't create your fundraising page when registering for your event, you can return later to do this.
To create your fundraising page, return to your event page (link above) and have your 10-character registration code
handy. Your registration code can be found in the email sent to you
confirming your registration was submitted. If someone else registered
you, ask them to send you the email confirming your registration.
- Click the RAISE MONEY button.
- On the Want to Register for This Event? page, select Already registered for this event on FirstGiving.
- Enter your registration code and follow the remaining steps to create your fundraising page.
HOW TO JOIN A TEAM
You can add, join, or edit a team:
- As you register or create your fundraising page
- After you've created your fundraising page
As you register or create your fundraising page, you will be asked if
you'd like to join or add a team. Follow the steps and you'll be
automatically on the team.
After you've created your fundraising page you can still join or leave your team by going to your account:
- Sign in to your account with your email address and password.
- Click Edit next to the page you want to make changes to.
- On the right in the blue box, under Team Name you can:
- Click Leave Team if you don't want to be on a team.
- Or, click Join a Team or Change Team, then on the next screen click Join Team next to the team you want to be part of.
To add a team not listed, type its name into the box on the right of the screen.
-Offline registration and donation information available in brochure attached below.
forming a walk team with friends, co-workers, or other groups you
belong to. Team leaders whose teams raise at least $2000 may be
eligible for a drawing to win an ipad (See brochure at for full list of eligibility rules).