New statistics indicate that 1 in 110 kids are affected in some form by autism. With an increase in prevalence, the Autism Society of Alabama strives to improve services for those affected by autism spectrum disorder through education and advocacy.
This year our annual fundraiser, WALK FOR AUTISM, will be held in April, Autism Awareness month, in cities throughout Alabama. Funds generated from the walks support the mission and projects of the Autism Society by:
We are inviting local businesses like yours to support our very important missing through your sponsorship commitment. Our partnership can be beneficial to your company's marketing plans, but more importantly you will have contributed to an organization that is dedicated to helping individuals and families affected by autism.
In return for your support, your company will receive a receipt for your gift and be recognized as a donor to our Annual Fund. The Autism Society is a 501c3 nonprofit tax deductible organization.
Bullfrog Sponsor: $1500
Tadpole Sponsor: $250
Lilly Pad Sponsor: $100
Commitments must be received NO LATER than March 5th for Corporate Logo/name to be included on the t-shirts and banner.
LOGO FORMAT must be submitted in EPS or 300 DPI JPG or 300 DPI TIF. Corporate names will be substituted for logos in other formats not meeting these requirements. Thank you.
Please note in-kind donations that directly offset walk costs (for example foods or drinks) and have a value meeting one of the above sponsorship levels are also eligible for the same sponsorship considerations.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact us to request a Sponsorship Response Form and/or an In-Kind GIft Agreement form.
OTHER WAYS TO PROVIDE SUPPORT
There are many ways that you can provide support for the walk:
1) Display posters and/or yard signs promoting our local walk.
2) Distribute walk brochures at your establishment.
3) Provide some of your products or services as an in-kind donation for door prizes at the walk.
There are also other opportunities to raise awareness and/or raise funds for the Autism Society of Alabama during Autism Awareness month:
1) Participate in the Puzzle Piece Promotion. Sell paper puzzle pieces provided by the Autism Society of Alabama for a $1 donation to the Autism Society of Alabama. Have the purchaser put his or her name on the Puzzle Piece and display them in your establishment.
2) Schools- Request an Autism Awareness Bulletin board packet
3) Have an Autism Day or Night Out at your establishment for local families affected by autism (Visit the Autism in Our Community page for tips on creating an autism-friendly environment at your establishment)
4) Have an Autism Awareness Day or Night where portions of proceeds are donated to the Autism Society of Alabama.
5) Light It Up Blue during Autism Awareness Month--Shine a light on autism spectrum disorders by turning your lights blue in honor of autism awareness month. Blue "Autism Awareness" light bulbs are available to be purchased from the Autism Society of Alabama.
6) Custom fundraising and/or awareness activities that suit your business/organization. Let us know your ideas and we will be happy to work with you!
If you have any questions or would like to provide support, please contact us.